Monday, March 14, 2011

JBJ slams Steve Jobs of Apple for "killing" the music business

From contactmusic.com. Yikes!



I think this is a bit strong (and harsh) of Jon. I get what he's saying, but I grew up with CDs and cassette tapes and even though I use an iPod primarily now, I still love shopping for music in a real store. And the experience of putting in the headphones and getting lost in the music? I do it daily. The music business was going to change, Jon - it went from vinyl to 8-tracks to casettes and discs first. Naturally its going to progress to digital copy at one point or another. Its the 21st century.



Article:

"Jon Bon Jovi has taken aim at Apple co-founder Steve Jobs, accusing him of "killing" the music industry with iTunes.



The rocker is saddened that children no longer enjoy the "magical" experience of buying records in a high street store because of the ease of downloading individual tracks onto an iPod.



And he lays the blame for the generational shift in music-buying at the feet of technology mogul Jobs.



Bon Jovi tells The Sunday Times Magazine, "Kids today have missed the whole experience of putting the headphones on, turning it up to 10, holding the jacket, closing their eyes and getting lost in an album; and the beauty of taking your allowance money and making a decision based on the jacket, not knowing what the record sounded like, and looking at a couple of still pictures and imagining it.



"God, it was a magical, magical time. I hate to sound like an old man now, but I am, and you mark my words, in a generation from now people are going to say: 'What happened?'. Steve Jobs is personally responsible for killing the music business.""

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment